We wrote about the need and benefit of proper planning and organisation to create an effective hiring process. If you really need to hire right, get the basics right. It begins by realising the importance of consistency.
There are certain key elements to your overall plan that enable you to have a controlled hiring process with the most effective results. In fact, it’s better to know about these key elements in detail.
The key elements
- Proper forecasting of demand, this is easier said than done. But with the right focus and proper planning, this is achievable
- Leverage your applicant tracking system
- Use tools that help you save time and get you results. These include job listings, automatic resume routing, parsing and so-called sourcing tools
- Use scheduling tools effectively
- Keep constant engagement with your candidates by auto scheduling emails
Platforms to hire right like peopleHum can help in many distinct ways besides unfolding the importance of consistency.
Realising the importance of consistency
Schedule interviews that are not just in time. Proper scheduling of interviews creates a smoother process which is more predictable and is easy on the nerves. Spread it out. Treat each candidate individually, more like you playing the role of a concierge in the process, they will appreciate the sanity around the process.
If you look hurried, the interviewers are not on time and also are hurried, it just does not set the right tone with any prospective employees. The outcome will not be efficient at all and might just, in the end, lead to a wastage of time and effort. Of course, we don’t want that.
Get the scheduling right and plan ahead. Spreading it out will make the process more predictable and consistent. It will also improve your candidate acceptance rate, your hiring effectiveness and enforce your hiring brand while prospects post about their experience on social media.
There’s a lot more to peopleHum. You just don’t know it yet.